Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm thankful for sure!

I just can't get over how thankful I am.

It's been a busy few weeks.  Getting ready for the fundraiser we are having this coming Friday has kept me on the move!  I love that, though!!  It makes me feel like I'm doing SOMETHING to help get Crew here faster!!  Of course, I know, it's all God's timing, and He already knows the date Crew will arrive.  But it still makes me feel like I'm doing something!!  :)

As I've been marking off my "to do" list I've realized over and over again, how thankful I am.  I'm actually most always a pretty optimistic person, so being thankful isn't unusual, but I am just so aware of how thankful I am right now.  I think it's funny how things go complete circle.  By that I mean, Steve and I are pretty giving people...both of us.  It's not strange for us to help people out, whether it's making a meal for a sick friend, or helping a kid get a first car that needs help.  We've been known to house a few people when in need.  Steve is constantly picking up hitchhikers (only when he's by himself) and witnessing to them, and very often he gets calls from homeless guys he's trying to help "kick the habit" and when they need encouragement, they turn to Steve.  That's just who we are.  We like to help others.  And here we are, on the receiving end.  We're not really used to being on the receiving end.

When my sister first came up with the idea to contact my friends about having this dinner/silent auction fundraiser, I just wasn't so sure about it.  But it has become one of the most awesome experiences for me!  I have had the opportunity to talk to so many people about our adoption when I've gone to pick up donations.  Out of about 70 people I contacted, only 2 people said no about donating!  That tells me there are so many giving people out there!!  It gave me so much to be thankful for!!

I am thankful for giving people that are willing to sacrifice and help others!!  I am thankful for my family and my sweet friends who are willing to sacrifice their time (and a lot of it) to organize the food, decorations, the program for the night and all the auction items!  I'm thankful for a church that opened their doors to us to host our fundraiser!!  I'm thankful for the people who are taking the time to come to the fundraiser!!  I'm thankful so many "well known" people have a heart for adopting and they took the time to sign stuff and mail it to me for the auction!!  I'm thankful for my kids who are so excited about this new little boy coming to our family!!  I'm thankful for my husband who will father this child just like the other 4 we have!!  I'm thankful for a sister who took these steps before me and has walked me through every single (and I mean every single!) adoption form we had to fill out!!  I'm thankful for friends and my precious family who have prayed for us on this journey!!  I'm thankful that even though we recently had bad news that my mom has breast cancer, that we have had only good news since and that we can be excited that we have more time together!!  I'm thankful for the precious kids my sister adopted that make me less "unsure" of the "unknown" of adopting!!  I'm just so thankful for so much!  I wanted you all to know I'm thankful for you!!  Thank you for sharing, caring, praying and everything else!!  xoxo!!   Debbi

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."  James 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment